Remote Support Solution Provider AetherPal To Be Acquired by VMware
This week VMware Inc. announced its intent to acquire AetherPal, a venture-backed remote support and mobile support enterprise solution provider based in Piscataway, New Jersey.
VMware has been reselling AetherPal Remote Support under the name Workspace ONE Advanced Remote Management as an add-on to Workspace ONE since May 2017. With the acquisition, “AetheralPal’s modern approach to enabling remote support will add to the intelligence-driven Workspace ONE platform and its deep cross-platform UEM capabilities, reinforcing VMware’s commitment to simplifying customers’ digital workspace journeys,” according to the blog post by Shekar Ayyar, VMware’s executive VP, strategy and corporate development and general Manager, of the Telco NFV Group.
Additional capabilities VMware is looking to add to its Workspace ONE platform, according to the announcement, include:
- Remotely connect to any device in seconds from the Workspace ONE console using any web browser
- View any device screen in real-time, as if it were in your hand, or through a computer’s controls and keyboard
- Resolve problems faster with immediate visibility into key device information, including hardware information, OS information, memory, storage, diagnostics, network information, and more
- Retrieve and distribute files to remote devices to retrieve logs and update configurations
- Maintain user privacy and control, while enabling remote support from enterprise IT
Upon completion of the acquisition, AetherPal employees will become part of the VMware End User Computing team, and current AetherPal enterprise and carrier customers will continue to be supported by VMware.
Wendy Hernandez is group managing editor for the 1105 Enterprise Computing Group.